Job Title: Junior Presentation Scheduler
Location: Cwmbran, Wales
Date Created: 16 th May 2016
Reporting to: Head of Programming
The Presentation Scheduler/planner is at the heart of any channel, it’s a vital role within the
television industry. The Presentation Scheduler’s job is to make the channel run smoothly and look
beautiful. On a daily basis you will be dealing with the placement of commercials and promos into the
channel’s schedule, as well as programme changes, break changes and chasing content which is due
to playout on the channel. All of these tasks are integral to the channel broadcasting successfully, so
organisation is key to being a good Presentation Scheduler, as well as the ability to work under
pressure and to tight deadlines.
As Junior Scheduler, this is an entry level role, the successful candidate will also work closely with the
Head of Programming to make sure all programmes and other material have been received ready for
playout. This will also involve liaising with clients for programme delivery information.
The scheduling team work closely with the edit team liaising about the presentation of material,
editing of promos for the channel and to ensure content delivery to our playout centre. You will need
a basic understanding of the construction of a TV channel.
1. Creation of schedules in conjunction with the Head of Programming
2. Creation of EPG files- Delivery of playlist to all EPG providers in UK, Holland, Sweden, Australia and
3. Scheduling playlist for UK, Netherlands, Sweden, Australia and Germany.
Channels to include:
· Creation of break schedule
· Creation of day schedule
· Placing of promos, bumper, fillers, commercials & sponsorship
· Chasing of copy from ad houses
· Chasing of copy from production houses
· Completion and delivery of schedules to playout centres
· Reporting of As-runs, specialist ad runs, TX reports and music cue entry
4. Maintenance of the programme database
5. Management of programme library
6. Additional responsibilities:
· Tech QC
· Delivery of Niche adverts through Caria
· Scheduling of specialist adverts & Sponsorship
· Liaising with H&C TV sales team
- To be able to sustain a high performance level when under pressure from a large volume of
work and conflicting priorities.
- Be able to demonstrate careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to chase clients who are delivering material.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
with competence to work independently and as an integral part of a team.
- To demonstrate initiative, work flexibly and adapt to an expanding Network and workflow.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working
relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Experience with Windows 8, Googledocs and Excel.
- Understanding of the TV industry and other media.
- A passion for TV, Media, Horses, Animals and the Countryside.
- Work experience or placement within another TV channel or playout centre.
- The role is based from the Offices in Cwmbran, so candidates need to live locally to this area.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and CV to Jonathan Rippon at